Top Doctor Honor from Indianapolis Monthly Awarded to Dr. Stephen Klapper for Sixth Consecutive Year
Each year, Indianapolis Monthly recognizes the top doctors in Central Indiana. Stephen R. Klapper, M.D., F.A.C.S. has received this award as one of Indianapolis’ leading ophthalmologists every year since 2012. “This recognition is meaningful to me as it is based on input from physician and surgeon colleagues throughout central Indiana with whom I collaborate” notes Dr. Klapper. “Independent research lists like Indianapolis Monthly’s Top Doctors provide a valuable resource to help Central Indiana patients make more informed choices in their medical care. I am again honored to be included with so many highly respected Indianapolis area physicians.”
How the winners are chosen
Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a healthcare research and information company, compiled this year’s honorees by asking physicians to recommend someone they would see themselves or suggest to a family member in Central Indiana. The result: nearly 800 licensed medical professionals in the area representing 62 specialties and hundreds of expertises. Under the direction of an MD, Castle Connolly’s research team then evaluates the nominations and screens doctors’ educational and professional experience before making its final selections.
Did You Know?
- Dr. Klapper is the President of the Indiana Academy of Ophthalmology, a state-wide organization representing eye doctors and advocating for the eye care and health of Indiana residents.
- Dr. Klapper is President-elect of the American Eye Study Club, a prominent national organization that promotes collaboration among all sub-specialties of ophthalmology.
- Dr. Klapper is a peer reviewer for many prestigious specialty medical journals including Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and Graefe’s Archives of Clincal and Experimental Ophthalmology.
- Dr. Klapper is a member of the board of directors of the Indianapolis Medical Society.
- Dr. Klapper is a member of the Practicing Ophthalmologists Advisory Committee for Education (POACE). This is an important committee with the American Academy of Ophthalmology that is responsible for critically reviewing the comprehensive 13 volume Basic and Clinical Science Course used to educate residents in ophthalmology all around the world.
Trust your eyes to a surgeon specializing in advanced surgery of the eyelids and upper face.